Thursday 23 January 2014

Lighting Overview

As I have all the equipment necessary, I have been allocated the role of lighting operator. I have had previous experience with this as I have operated lights for short films before as well as setting lights up for school plays. I think this gives me a relative understanding of how things should be lit and I hope I can use my previous experience to my advantage here.

I have access to studio quality lights and I know that one of them is all we need. The scenes will be filmed in a relatively bright setting (for more control), which will then be darkened down and maybe I will mess around with other settings in case a change in brightness isn't enough.

EDIT: this is a shot from the blinds that the studio light shined through to the detective scene. This gave me a level of control of the light's reach as well as intensity. 

EDIT: The effect generated from this was commented on and they thought it was a really nice effect that made the piece look more professional.

1 comment:

  1. add images - location shots, stills from films that model your desired style ...... something to show what you are aiming for

    ReplyDelete