Wednesday 15 January 2014

Composing Music for the Other Scenes

It has been a while since I have considered the music and It has come to my attention that I have only produced one piece of music for the film. As there is three scenes, I have to compose for at least two of them (I think the second scene will be silent). I have been struggling to see how Jazzy music from that era will fit with a murder scene (other than Juxtaposition, which I do not want to do). I will be experimenting with music as soon as I get home and I shall be recording the process to show evidence.

UPDATE: I had no such luck with music composition so I shall not be uploading the video. Since then, I brought my guitar and recording system into the school and pitched some earlier ideas at Max, We decided on one that will be put below. This took a while to make sinister and appropriate for the piece but I feel that I have done so effectively. This adds a layer of depth to the scene and compliments the scene in a way that shows the antihero's feelings of the murder.. 



As this scene is to appear once again in the middle of the film, The music has a second meaning. It has a sad, romantic feel to it before it gets sinister and the distorted guitar kicks in. This is because (as the rest of the Opening title Sequence implies) he is doing something he never thought he could for love. This means that the scene fits really well as the final piece for the music. I also think a voiceover will work over this piece really well.






No comments:

Post a Comment