Wednesday 8 January 2014

Casting

The listing I put up onto StarNow.co.uk
Casting was a problem we had pretty much from the start. As the film requires adults, we didn't know many people in the acting business. We always said that the role of policeman was to be played by Max's dad but apart from that, we were a bit stuck for ideas. I asked around on Facebook if anyone knew people that would be up for acting but didn't get any serious replies. After chat about using teachers, I found a website called Starnow.co.uk in which people advertise for actors and actresses. I put up a listing for a Femme Fatale and Antihero roles on this website with little hope and left it on just in case anyone wanted to act. I was sure to explain that these roles were unpaid and described exactly what was needed in the role.

I was surprised with the swiftness of everything and within a day I got two replies for the antihero role. One of which was Jon Bennett,  An actor an model that seemed keen for the opportunity and reassured me he had the costume. Upon inspection, he seemed perfect and I contacted him and gave him the script. He was happy and was looking forward to filming. I chose him compared to other applicants because he seemed to look most believable for the role.

The actors we are using for the final film.

We also got two applicants for the role of the Femme Fatale. The first not being located in Norwich and we couldn't arrange transport. We then received a Message from Marie Blake and she also seemed keen. We sent her the script and she was also excited to film.

We have informed them on days we can film and we have reached a decision to film next Wednesday (15th January) to film all the scenes involving them. We will film all other scenes next Saturday (18th January) for the other scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment