Sunday 8 December 2013

Props

The list of responsibilities shows that we need a few props, so I have done some research into vintage cameras, I found a website that shows cameras first produced in the 40's.
http://licm.org.uk/livingImage/1940Room.html
This website is a vital resource for helping us get the right looking camera for the time.

I have looked at a flash for these cameras as this would improve the scene and found this:
http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/166389687/1940s50s-pocket-flash-gun?utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted_en_gb&utm_campaign=vintage_low
This would add an aesthetic touch to the scene and would make in more believable. I do however believe that this is not an essential component.

I have found a potential prop for the gun:
This is a cheap way to get an appropriate prop and I think it looks rather realistic.
I have emailed my friend James Ivett about a rotary phone as he was able to get hold of a replica last time one was needed, I have not got a reply as of yet.

The Zippo lighter will be courtesy of my friend Benny Herrington who has one and will happily lend me the item.

I will purchase herbal cigarettes so the smoking will look realistic.

The fake blood will be made with the techniques and items shown in this video:

The furniture, is something I am relying on people I know already having or worst coming to the worst, furniture will be hidden in darkness to stop anyone seeing that it is modern

1 comment:

  1. maybe add a few reflective comments on weaknesses before - use the tone "in previous productions the blood was unrealistic because..... " OR " for an earlier documentary production we suggested a gun which is not enough here - i want.... because...." focus on icons/signifiers etc

    ReplyDelete