Wednesday 18 December 2013

Props Continued

The Kershaw Penguin
 Since I have started to find out about where I can source the props for this film, I have found several potential candidates. The camera is the biggest example of this as I have been able to get hands on with several cameras from the era that I need. The first is a kershaw penguin eight 20 camera which is pretty much mint condition which is essential to make people believe it is in that time period. The second example is a Seagull 120 film camera which is also in excellent condition. These are both from the photography department within the school so these are easy to borrow.
The Seagull 120 film Camera


The issue is that the seagull was originally made in 1964 which is way past our proposed timeline and whilst it does look like a vintage camera, it does not fit into the timeline we had hoped and we have therefore decided to use the Kershaw camera.  This is quite a good decision in my book as the seagull is nowhere near as iconic as the penguin.

The gun has also been re-evaluated and we have found a viable alternative to the one we had before (which Max pointed out was unobtainable in the United Kingdom). I shall be obtaining this within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment