Sunday 23 February 2014

Audio Editing

 The audio editing was done partially on the Mac mini software iMovie 2013, but this was due to the footage containing dialogue and foleying that I wanted to sort out. The telephone ringing was a built in effect to the iMovie file defaults and this is why I edited it on there.
 I also tried the music editing there but this was a far too complicated mechanism for me to use. I am used to a separate channel under the timeline but this system was messing around with orders of footage and I had to reverse to a previous save before I started the audio editing. This meant I had to export the footage with some sound effects and dialogue and add everything else at home.
I was rather surprised with how quickly I finished the video once I took it home. I recorded reactions from the telephone and added distortion and echo, which made it sound like it was coming out the other end of the receiver. I added the gunshots that I had made using techniques from the video on foleying, edited the voice over and sorted out the music levels and added fades according to how I wanted to them to come in. 
An example of the interface I am used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment